“If it wasn’t for you, we’d be in a world of hurt. Your caring company made this so much easier.”
- Dana A.
“We don’t know what we would do without you. Thank you for assisting my dad and providing me the ability to care for him.”
- Liz R.
“Thank you for all of your personal caring and expertise to help us through the last several years. We truly could not have done it without you. Dad was honored to receive this recognition for his service.”
- Fran C.
“Thanks for being our family’s advocate during the Medicaid application process. We are grateful for your guidance and follow up through a very stressful period.”
- Liz B.
“Without you and your wonderful staff, my mother would not have been able to afford to move into the assisted living of her choice.”
- Susan H.
“I know I will need to go on Medicaid eventually. With the VA pension benefit, I am able to stay at this facility for at least one more year.”
- Grace O.
Medicaid Planning and Application
If you are age 65 or over and are in need of assistance to help pay for the high costs of medical care,, Medicaid benefits may be a solution to ease your financial worries.
Medicaid is a state and federal medical assistance program that can pay for long term care for eligible seniors. Applying for Medicaid can be a tedious and confusing process. Most people are baffled by the rules for Medicaid eligibility. They hear words like "look back", "spend down" and "transfer penalty". BLS Eldercare educates families about the intricacies of Medicaid, helps with planning and supports you through the application process. What is the BLS difference?
- We advise about spend down for single and married applicants
- We assist with relocation
- We scan, copy and organize the documentation
- We review all statements for completeness and assist with procuring missing documents
- We attend meetings and communicate directly with the Medicaid office so you don’t have to
- We perform a detailed transaction-by-transaction analysis of all financial statements
- We prepare a “money trail” showing movement of funds in and out of accounts
- If we identify potential red flags, we talk with the family to prepare reasonable explanations
Submission Follow Up
- We take care of all replies and submission of missing and requested items
- If necessary, we go to a fair hearing
- We charge a fraction of what other practitioners charge
We will be with you every step of the way. If you or someone you know is ready to plan for Medicaid benefits contact our office today.
To help you get started with the process, download our Medicaid document checklist.